Seven and a half years ago I began searching for connections between the L.A. streets named for saints and the dozens of saints for whom they’re named. When I began, I had no idea what I would find – or even if I would find anything worthy of the time spent searching. Here I am, 100 paintings and eighty stories later, as this poetic and historical “road trip” through L.A. is fast becoming a book and a museum show. It feels good at this point to occasionally pull over by the side of the road and think....

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Oct 18 - Feast Day of St. Luke, Patron Saint of Painters

Good word from my editor at Heyday: the proofs for our book should be air freighted in from Hong Kong sometime within the next two weeks. Unreal, almost, after the years of painting and writing, to contemplate an imminent "official" document of this journey.

And I have completed a "beta" version of the revamped
All the Saints website. It's up now and ready for comment and recommendation.

No comments: